We encourage you to sign up for the LifeRing Convenor's email group.
- LifeRing-Convenors is an online community for current LifeRing convenors -- meeting starters, meeting facilitators, organizational support people -- and those who have been or are considering becoming LifeRing convenors. This forum is private (unlisted) and only members of the group can post messages here.
- LifeRing Convenor Email Group. To subscribe is a two-step process,
- Step 1: click on the link (or paste the URL link): https://lifering.groups.io/g/lifering-email-groups and once on the site click the "Join Button". Once you have joined, you will receive an email from Groups.io with subscription options.
- Step-2: click on this link (or paste the URL link): https://lifering.groups.io/g/LifeRing-Convenors and then click on the "Apply For Membership In This Group" button. Once approved by the moderator, you can send your first email.
Books and Pamphlets
For new convenors, here is the information about purchasing a "Starter Kit".
It is suggested that the following books be available for purchase at all LifeRing Meetings. Pamphlets should be available for handouts.
- Empowering Your Sober Self
- Recovery by Choice
- How Was Your Week
- Humanly Possible
- Free shipping in the US.
Book, pamphlets, and supplies can be purchased here.
As with any nonprofit organization, money is key to the life of an organization. The same is true for LifeRing. Three different money streams go into the LifeRing coffers:
- Book Sales
- Meeting Money
Like a three-legged stool, remove one leg, the stool will collapse. So too with LifeRing, remove one of these money streams and the organization will greatly suffer. The Convenor is key to providing the third leg of the stool. It is up to you, the Convenor, to "pass the hat" and ask your fellow members in recovery to put in a dollar or two after every meeting. Just remind them of all the money they're saving by not drinking or using and it will become apparent to all, that what money is being given is being put to much wiser use.
Keep track of the money, or better yet, appoint someone in your group to provide this function. After all meeting expenses are paid for, please send in any additional money on a periodic, but regular, basis.
This Meeting Money will provide some of the much-needed funds to help LifeRing grow and develop as a player in the recovery community.
More information about meeting money is in How Was Your Week?, Chapter 6.
Meeting Money can be sent in here