2022 LifeRing Annual Conference | Online: Saturday, June 4th & Sunday, June 5th, 9:00am - 2:00pm Pacific Time
LifeRing Secular Recovery is a network of meetings. The connection with other meetings is as vital to LifeRing as the connection with other sober people is vital to an individual in recovery. The greatest sense of connectedness, the biggest radiation of warmth, and the greatest charge of energy comes from the LifeRing Annual Meeting and Annual Congress.
2022 LifeRing Annual Meeting | Online: Saturday, June 4, 2022, 9:00am – 2:00pm+ Pacific Time
The LifeRing Annual Meeting is our Meeting of Meetings! At the Annual Meeting, convenors and the LifeRing Community gather to hear speakers, participate in workshops and socialize. This meeting is open to the registered public. Click here for more information.
Annual Meeting Highlights | Saturday
(complete meeting agenda listed below)
- Dr. John F. Kelly — Ph.D, ABPP | Founder and Director of Recovery Research Institute, a leading nonprofit research institute of Massachusetts General Hospital, an affiliate of Harvard Medical School, dedicated to the advancement of addiction treatment and recovery.
- LifeRing First Generation — LifeRing Co-Founders Marty Nicolaus and Tom Shelley are joined by the LifeRing Community First Generation including Carola, Chet, Craig, John O., and Kathleen to share the history and predict the future of LifeRing Secular Recovery. What better way to celebrate our 25th Anniversary?
- Breakout Session 1 — Zoom Magic Tricks: Best practices and unexpected surprises will be revealed in this hour long Zoom review.
- Breakout Session 2 — Tips for Promoting Your Meeting: Convenors interested in starting new meetings or promoting existing meetings are invited to explore ways to boost attendance and engage participation.
- Main Room — Convenors Corner: A space to talk about whatever's on your mind with other convenors.
- Mindful-Based Stress Reduction — An interactive hour for all meeting participants. A "thank you" for all the hard work everyone contributed this year,
- We've worked hard all year, Now's the chance to meet and socialize with all those folks who also make LifeRing such an awesome space for personal recovery. Thank you!
LifeRing Annual Congress | Online: Sunday, June 5, 2022, 9:00am – 1:30pm Pacific Time
The LifeRing Annual Congress is our annual business meeting. Delegates will present meeting reports, review candidates for the LifeRing Board of Directors and decide on proposed changes to the LifeRing Bylaws. Congress will use those decisions to prepare an absentee ballot for voting by the LifeRing delegates. Click here for more information. This meeting is open to the registered public.
Annual Congress Highlights | Sunday
(complete congress agenda listed below)
Board of Directors and Officer Reports
- Report from the Board of Directors, including Financial Report
Review Board of Director Nominees
- BOD nominees introduce themselves and outline their goals if elected
- Q&A open session
Review of Motions to Change LifeRing Bylaws
- Introduction and discussion of motions to change current LifeRing Bylaws
Meeting Delegates' Reports
- Delegates present meeting reports
Vote to Approve Absentee Election Ballot
- Delegates’ vote to approve the candidates and any proposed bylaws changes to be included on the absentee ballot.
June 2022 Board of Directors Meeting
- Delegates and members of the LifeRing Community are encouraged to attend.