MAKE A DIFFERENCE – VOLUNTEER WITH LIFERING!
LifeRing Needs You!
Do you have a skill you can share? LifeRing has a committee for you!
Over the past year, LifeRing meeting membership has nearly doubled. Over 1000 people turn to LifeRing every week to support their personal recovery plans. Volunteers are often the first point of contact for LifeRing members, active convenor support, and sustaining revenue. Sign up today to make a difference to the growing number of people who rely on LifeRing every day!
Active LifeRing Committees
Meeting day and times are determined by the Committee Chair. Committee Meetings are held by video conferencing.
- Finance Committee – LifeRing fiscal matters. Responsible for managing the annual budget, analyzing data related to in-coming and out-going expenditures. Ensuring that the financial elements of LifeRing are in accord with its vision and mission. Reports monthly accounts to the Board of Directors.
- Marketing Committee – LifeRing public relations. Responsible for marketing, branding, advertising, SEO, fundraising, aligning the organization’s message with fundraising goals and mission statement, develop promotion plans, maintaining valued relationships with all stakeholders.
- Communications Committee – LifeRing's voice. Communication venues include website announcements, organization’s blog, quarterly newsletters, PSA’s, digital marketing, social media. Reports monthly activities to the Board of Directors.
- Fundraising Committee – LifeRing's money makers. Oversees revenue generation to ensure the financial viability and stability of LifeRing and that fundraising goals align with the organization’s mission. Responsible for managing LifeRing’s donations, developing and implementing fundraising campaigns, identifying available resources and target audience, and grant writing. Reports monthly activities to the Board of Directors.
- Meetings & Convenors Committee – LifeRing meeting support. The MCC oversees online and in-person new and existing meetings. Responsible for creating support resources for meeting convenors and regional coordinators, managing meeting schedules, maintaining a database of current meetings including international meetings, the LifeRing forum, email groups, and ePals. Reports monthly meeting changes to the Board of Directors.
- Outreach Committee – LifeRing's ambassadors. The Outreach Committee aspires to raise awareness about LifeRing Secular Recovery to those who struggle with alcohol and substance use disorder.