It is with considerable gratitude that LifeRing members rely on the support of our volunteers to keep the organization afloat during these unprecedented times. But there is always more work to be done and the need to increase our volunteer base. As long as you are sober and have the desire to continue on the path of sobriety, we invite you to join us in helping spread the LifeRing message by getting involved in our volunteer opportunities.
Meeting day and time are determined by the Committee Chair. Committee Meetings are held by video conferencing.
- Finance Committee- Oversight of LifeRing’s fiscal matters. Responsible for managing the annual budget, analyzing data related to in-coming and out-going expenditures. Ensuring that the financial elements of LifeRing are in accord with its vision and mission. Reports monthly accounts to the Board of Directors.
- Marketing Committee- Oversight of LifeRing’s public relations. Responsible for marketing, branding, advertising, SEO, fundraising, aligning the organization’s message with fundraising goals and mission statement, develop promotion plans, maintaining valued relationships with all stakeholders.
- Communications Committee - Communication venues include website announcements, organization’s blog, quarterly newsletters, PSA’s, digital marketing, social media. Reports monthly activities to the Board of Directors.
- Fundraising Committee - Oversight to ensure the financial viability and stability of LifeRing and that fundraising goals align with the organization’s mission. Responsible for managing LifeRing’s donations, developing and implementing fundraising campaigns, identifying available resources and target audience, and grant writing. Reports monthly activities to the Board of Directors.
- Meetings & Convenors Committee - Oversight of online and in-person new and existing meetings. Responsible for creating support resources for meeting convenors and regional coordinators, managing meeting schedules, maintaining a database of current meetings including international meetings, the LifeRing forum, email groups, and ePals. Reports monthly meeting changes to the Board of Directors.
- Outreach Committee - The Outreach Committee aspires to raise awareness about LifeRing Secular Recovery to those who struggle with alcohol and substance use disorder.
If you are interested in becoming a LifeRing volunteer please fill out our brief survey below and tell us about your interests, skills, and abilities.