It is with considerable gratitude that LifeRing members rely on the support of our volunteers to keep the organization afloat during these unprecedented times. But there is always more work to be done and the need to increase our volunteer base. As long as you are sober and have the desire to continue on the path of sobriety, we invite you to join us in helping spread the LifeRing message by getting involved in our volunteer opportunities.
Standing Committees that meet on a monthly schedule
Meeting day and time as per the chairperson. Meetings are online.
- Finance Committee- Oversite of LifeRing’s fiscal matters. Responsible for managing the annual budget, analyzing data related to in-coming and out-going expenditures. Ensuring that the financial elements of LifeRing are in accord with its vision and mission. Reports monthly accounts to the Board of Directors.
- Marketing Committee- Oversite of LifeRing’s public relations. Responsible for marketing, branding, advertising, SEO, fundraising, aligning the organization’s message with fundraising goals and mission statement, develop promotion plans, maintaining valued relationships with all stakeholders.
- Communications Committee - Communication venues include website announcements, organization’s blog, quarterly newsletters, PSA’s, digital marketing, social media. Reports monthly activities to the Board of Directors.
- Fundraising Committee - Oversite to ensure the financial viability and stability of LifeRing and that fundraising goals align with the organization’s mission. Responsible for managing LifeRing’s donations, developing and implementing fundraising campaigns, identifying available resources and target audience, and grant writing. Reports monthly activities to the Board of Directors.
- Meeting Committee - Oversight over online and in-person new and existing meetings. Responsible for training meeting convenors and regional coordinators, managing meeting schedules, maintaining a database of current meetings including international meetings, the LifeRing forum, email groups, and ePals. Reports monthly meeting changes to the Board of Directors.
- Volunteer Coordinator - LifeRing is in need of a Volunteer Coordinator. Excellent communication skills are the key to all aspects of this important volunteer opportunity. Responsibilities include determining volunteer staffing needs, identifying potential volunteers, matching appropriate volunteers with tasks. Manage recruitment and retention data, recruit volunteers, train volunteers when appropriate for specific tasks. Takes a positive leadership approach to ensure volunteers receive support and recognition for their contribution to making LifeRing a success. The coordinator serves as the primary point of contact between volunteers and the Board of Directors.
If you are interested in becoming a LifeRing volunteer please fill out our brief survey below and tell us about your interests, skills, and abilities.