June 5, 2021, 9:00 AM-1:00 PM, Pacific Time
(complete meeting agenda listed below)
- Marty Nicolaus -- Retired JD, co-founder of LifeRing Secular Recovery and author of numerous recovery support books.
- Dr. KJ Foster -- Ph.D. in Counselor Education, founder, and CEO of Fostering Resilience™. Best-selling author of The Warrior's Guide to Successful Sobriety.
- Dr. Michele Kenny -- Ph.D., certified Peer Recovery Supporter, and active LifeRing convenor and volunteer. Best-selling author of Keeping Covid Sober: One Isolated Drinker’s Journey through a Quarantined Pandemic
- Convenors Panel -- Representatives from different types of LifeRing meetings talk about their experiences and share convening best practices. Convening opportunities are explored.
- Committees Panel -- Representatives from active LifeRing Committees talk about their directives and goals. Volunteer opportunities are explored.
- Breakout Session 1-- Recovery by Choice: Domain X Topic
- Breakout Session 2-- Tips for Convenors: Convenors from various meetings formats discuss convenor tips and tricks than an open floor for questions
- Session 3 -- Future of LifeRing in the Post-Covid World: Volunteer opportunities, LifeRing outreach, future online and F2F meetings
The LifeRing Congress is our annual business meeting. Delegates will select candidates for the LifeRing Board of Directors and decide on proposed changes to the LifeRing Bylaws. Congress will use those decisions to prepare an absentee ballot for voting by the LifeRing delegates. Look here for more information. This meeting will be open to the registered public.
Hope to see you there!