Share Your Journey! A Call for Recovery Stories
As part of our ongoing commitment to raising awareness about substance use recovery, LifeRing is thrilled to announce an exciting opportunity for you to share your personal journey of triumph.
Overcoming substance use challenges is a battle that affects millions of individuals and their loved ones worldwide. However, we firmly believe that every story of recovery is a beacon of hope, inspiring others to embark on their own path toward healing and transformation. It is in this spirit that we invite you to submit your addiction recovery story to be featured in our newest project.
Your story has the power to make a difference. By sharing your experiences, challenges, and ultimately, your triumphs, you have the opportunity to touch the lives of countless individuals who may be in search of hope and inspiration.
Here are a few guidelines to consider when submitting your story:
- Focus: These short stories focus on the turning point in their stories: that moment when there was a change of direction in your path — from addiction to recovery. Here's an example of a story shared about a person's secular recovery turning point. If you have a story about a time in your recovery that is important to you, we want to read it!
- Authenticity: Please share your story in an honest and genuine manner. Reflect on your journey, including the obstacles you faced, the turning points, and the strategies that helped you overcome addiction.
- Impact: Share how your recovery has positively influenced your life and the lives of those around you. How has it transformed your relationships, career, and overall well-being? We encourage you to highlight the ripple effects of your recovery.
- Resilience: Discuss the strategies, therapies, or support networks that have played a pivotal role in your recovery. By sharing the tools and resources that helped you navigate the challenges, you can empower others on their own recovery journeys.
- Confidentiality: While we encourage you to be open and authentic, we also understand the importance of privacy. You may choose to use a pseudonym or request that certain identifying details be omitted from your story.
We kindly ask you to adhere to the 250 to 300 word limit, but we understand your story may require more. The deadline for submissions is January 1, 2024. Once we have received all the stories, our team will carefully review each submission and select the most compelling ones for inclusion in our project. If your story is chosen, we will contact you to discuss any necessary edits and obtain your consent for publication.
By sharing your journey, you are contributing to a collective narrative of resilience, hope, and transformation. Together, we can break the stigma surrounding substance use challenges and provide a platform for individuals to find solace, inspiration, and support.
Thank you for considering this invitation. We look forward to reading your powerful addiction recovery story and working together to create a world where recovery is celebrated and supported.
Please reach out with your stories or questions to:
Kathleen G., Editor